Life can be full of problems, anxieties, dead-end situations or just feels empty sometimes. During our individual counselling sessions, we can help you identify and understand your particular situation. Together we can work on finding the courage to address your situation and initiate positive changes in your life.
Many years of experience working within the NHS and private practice has enabled me to feel comfortable working with a wide range of different and diverse cultures and communities and I profoundly believe that warmth, compassion, trust and authentcity are fundemental needs of the human race.
Where can individual counselling help?
- Personal enrichment
- Dealing with depression and anxiety
- Dealing with loss and trauma
- understanding and changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour and negative thoughts
- Managing stress, panic attacks
- deep relaxation/mindfulness/self hypnosis
How does it work?
Help bring to your conscious awareness some of your unconscious processes [your automatic pilot way of being that we all have]. To explore and begin to gain a clearer understanding of your feelings, wants and needs. Begin to develop the first steps and daily tools necessary to initiate positive changes in your life.
- Identiy your current coping strategies and how you have managed up to now
- Identify past and present triggers
- Examine patterns of relating to self and others
- Develop goal-oriented strategies and self care ideas
- Assess personal resources
- Learn tools and techniques for changing old patterns of behaviour and implementing decisions and choices